“[T]he best Nepalese lawyer I've encountered.”
“[Devendra Pradhan] is head and shoulders above others, working mainly for international companies.”
“Devendra Pradhan is a widely recognized cross-border lawyer.”
“Devendra Pradhan also has wealth of expertise in M&A, as part of his wider corporate practice, and is praised by clients for his efficiency.”
“[Devendra] focuses very much on quality, and frankly he's a quality practitioner.”
"The impressive Devendra Pradhan earns praise for his practical advice."
“Clients pay tribute to his approachability, responseiveness and 'complete competence'.”
“[Devendra offers a] realistic perspective that encompasses a more global outlook.”
"Pradhan was quick to grasp deal specifics, understood French law and was able to reconcile it to Nepal law."
"[Devendra Pradhan's] recommendations are pragmatic, and his firm has helped us achieve our objectives in Nepal at a reasonable cost.”"
“Devendra Pradhan is astute and provides practical solutions to matters.”
“Devendra Pradhan [is] recommended [for] his experience in complex cross-border corporate transactions in particular. ”
Devendra is the founder and managing partner of the firm. Devendra is a dual-qualified lawyer in Nepal and New York and District of Columbia, USA. Devendra has been honored by the Supreme Court of Nepal with the designation and title of "Senior Advocate". Devendra has more than 29 years' seasoned experience in commercial and international field. Devendra has worked with various law firms in New York and Washington, D.C.
Devendra primarily focuses his practice on advising foreign companies in all aspect of commercial law. Devendra has been advising foreign governments, supranational bodies, bilateral agencies, Fortune 500 multinational companies, international organizations, financial institutions, international agencies, etc.
In his 29 years' long career, Devendra has worked in various innovative, high-profile and high-value projects in various areas of commercial law, specifically mergers & acquisitions aviation, banking and finance, hydroelectricity, infrastructure development, project finance, telecommunications, technology, media, intellectual property, commercial litigation and arbitration and international transactions, which are among the biggest transactions in the country.
Major legal directories have recognized Devendra amongst the world's pre-eminent lawyers in various areas of commercial law, especially M&A, aviation, project finance and trademark field for the last several years.
Devendra regularly contributes scholarly articles on various topics of Nepali commercial laws and on key issues of international laws in various international law journals and international publications. His publications are often cited worldwide including by many federal courts of the United States of America in their decisions and orders, United Nations in its publications and by law professors, legal scholars, legal practitioners, etc.
Devendra is a member of various national and international professional associations.
- American University, Washington College of Law, Washington, D.C., USA, LL.M. in International Business Law, 2001
Tribhuvan University, Kathmandu, Nepal, Bachelor's Degree in Law, 1990
- Center for American and International Law, Plano, Texas, U.S.A, "Academy of American and International Law", 1999
- New York, 2003
- District of Columbia, 2009
- Supreme Court of the United States, 2008
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, 2008
- United States Court of International Trade, 2003
- United States Tax Court, 2003
- Nepal, 1991
- Country Guides (Trademarks) - Nepal, co-contributed with Aadittya Kansakar, International Trademark Association, New York (January 2020)
- Nepal - Data Protection Overview (2019), co-authored with Aadittya Kansakar, Cecile Park Publishing Ltd. trading as OneTrust DataGuidance, London (May 2019)
- World Drone Regulations (Nepal Chapter), L2b Aviation Ltd., London (2019)
- World Aircraft Repossession Index (Nepal Chapter), co-authored with Shirshak Ghimire, Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP, New York (Third Edition, November 2018)
- Nepal's Accesssion to the Montreal Convention and its Applicable Liability Regime, New Business Age, Kathmandu, Nepal (October 2018)
- Tort Law and Its Applicability in Nepal, New Business Age, Kathmandu, Nepal (September 2018)
- Legal Environment Report of "Belt and Road" Countries (Nepal Chapter), co-authored with Aadittya J. Kansakar and Anup Raj Upreti, Peking University Press, China (April 2017)
- Aircraft Liens & Detention Rights, (Nepal Chapter), Sweet & Maxwell Limited, London (AL R.55: June 2016)
- Aircraft Leasing and Financing in Nepal, Airline Economics, Aviation Law Yearbook 2016, London (February 2016)
- Franchising in Asia 2015: Legal and Business Considerations , (Nepal Chapter), NexNoir Foundation, (First Edition, July 2015), co-authored with Shirshak Ghimire
- Aircraft Finance: Registration, Securities and Enforcement, (Nepal Chapter), Sweet and Maxwell Limited, London (September 2014)
- Country Guides: Insurance, (Nepal Chapter),Thompson Reuters, London (August 2013)
- Country Guides: Money Laundering, (Nepal Chapter),Thompson Reuters, London (January 2013)
- Nepal Opens Door to Foreign Banks, Asia Pacific Regional Forum News, Vol. 19, No. 1, International Bar Association, London (April 2012)
- Getting the Deal Through - Telecoms and Media 2011, (Nepal Chapter), Law Business Research Ltd, London (May 2011)
- Getting the Deal Through - Telecoms and Media 2010, (Nepal Chapter), Law Business Research Ltd, London (May 2010)
- Trademark Law and Practice in Nepal, Intellectual Property 2010, Digital Guide, Executive View Media Limited, London (March 2010)
- Getting the Deal Through - Telecoms and Media 2009, (Nepal Chapter), Law Business Research Ltd, London (May 2009)
- 2008 Antitrust Year in Review, (Nepal Chapter), ABA Section of International Law, Chicago (April 2009)
- Aviation Industry in Nepal: Need to Adhere to Geneva and Cape Town Convention, New Business Age, Kathmandu, Nepal (October-November 2008)
- Getting the Deal Through - Air Transport 2009, (Nepal Chapter), Law Business Research Ltd, London (September 2008)
- Corporate Insolvency Law in Nepal, Insolvency and Creditors’ Right Newsletter, Vol. 14, No. 1, International Bar Association, London (April 2004)
- The Fifth Jurisdiction Under the Montreal Liability Convention: Wandering American or Wandering Everybody?68 J. AIR L. & COM. 717 (2003)
- Doing Business in India, (book review for Juris Publishing, New York) International Business Lawyer, International Bar Association, London (September 2000)
- International Commercial Arbitration, (Nepal Chapter), Oceana Publications, Inc., New York (2000)
- Foreign Direct Investment, Asia Pacific Forum Newsletter, Vol. 8, No. 1, International Bar Association, London (June 2000)
- Arbitration Act 1999, International Business Lawyer, Vol. 28, No. 2, International Bar Association, London (February 2000)
- Banks and the Control of Money Laundering, (Nepal Chapter), Center for International Business Law, London (1999)
- Recognition and Enforcement of Foreign Arbitral Awards,, International Business Lawyer, , Vol. 26, No. 10, International Bar Association, London (November 1998)
- Company Act 1997, International Business Lawyer, Vol. 26, No. 2, International Bar Association, London (February 1998)