"Pradhan & Associates offers significant expertise in a wide range of aviation matters"
"[Pradhan & Associates] also has noted specializations in aviation ......, amongst others"
Chambers & Partners
The firm has consistently been recognized as a leader in the area of aviation law by major international legal directories. Our aviation practice has gained distinct recognition in the aviation market and has been highly praised by major international legal directories.
We have expertise and seasoned experience in handling complex transactions for small and large commercial aircraft, aircraft engines and helicopters. We handle contentious as well as non-contentious work in aviation sector. In non-contentious sector, we advise and represent primarily aircraft and engine manufacturers, foreign aircraft owners and leasing corporations, insurers and reinsurers, airlines and brokers in transactional, commercial and regulatory matters and represent them before various regulatory agencies. In contentious sector, we handle matters relating to aircraft leasing disputes, air carriers' liability, management of accident liability claims, accident investigation, accident litigation, etc.
Our lawyers are well-versed in and have in-depth knowledge in all aspects of domestic and international aviation law. Our lawyers have widely published scholarly articles in various areas of Nepali aviation law as well as in key issues of international aviation law in various international law journals and international publications.
In this field, we handle following matters:
|Aircraft sale||Aircraft purchase|
|Aircraft financing||Aircraft leasing|
|Engine leasing||Aircraft insurance and reinsurance issues|
|Aircraft registration and de-registration||Liens and security documentation|
|Repossession of aircraft||Licensing and certification of air carriers|
|Aviation regulatory matters||Aircraft leasing disputes and litigations|
|Aircraft accident claim management||Aircraft accident investigation and litigation|
The firm is an exclusive member of L2B Aviation for Nepal, the world's largest international network of aviation law firms.
A member of:
- Aviation Law Firm of the Year in Nepal - Legal Awards 2015 – Corporate INTL Magazine
- Aviation Law Firm of the Year in Nepal - ACQ Global Awards 2015 – ACQ Magazine
- Aviation Law Firm of the Year in Nepal - Global Law Experts Practice Awards 2014 – Global Law Experts
- Aviation Law Firm of the Year in Nepal - Legal Awards 2014 – Corporate INTL Magazine
- Aviation Law Firm of the Year in Nepal - ACQ Global Awards 2013 – ACQ Magazine
- Aviation Law Firm in Nepal - Leading Lawyer Awards 2012 – Lawyers World Magazine
- Aviation Law Firm of the Year in Nepal - ACQ Global Awards 2012 – ACQ Magazine
- Aviation Law Firm of the Year in Nepal - DealMakers Global Awards 2012 - DealMakers Monthly Magazine
- Aviation Law Firm of the Year in Nepal - DealMaker Country Awards 2012 - DealMakers Monthly Magazine
- The International Who's Who of Aviation Lawyers 2010, 2011 and 2012 - Who's Who Legal
- Aviation Law Firm of the Year in Nepal - ACQ Law Awards 2011 - ACQ Magazine
Aviation Industry in Nepal: Need to Adhere to Geneva and Cape Town Convention, New Business Age, Kathmandu, Nepal
Authored by Devendra Pradhan. Reproduced with permission from New Business Age.
Getting the Deal Through - Air Transport 2009, (Nepal Chapter), Law Business Research Ltd, London
Authored by Devendra Pradhan. Reproduced with permission from Law Business Research. This article was first published in Getting the Deal Through - Air Transport 2009, (published in September 2008; consulting editors Rachel Brandenburger and Natasha Good - Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP). For further information please visit www.GettingTheDealThrough.com